Good practice dictates that fire dampers should not be installed within certain ductwork systems in buildings (e.g. kitchen extract systems , staircase and lobby pressurisation, lift shaft ventilation, fresh air make up provision, Smoke Extract etc.) and this is where fire resistant ductwork should be used.
Fire contained either outside the duct (type A) or inside the duct (type B) will inhibit the spread of fire from one compartment to another within a building.
Fire-resistant ventilation ductwork is necessary as an integral part of maintaining fire compartments within a building and ensure that a means of escape from the building are not compromised.
Fire resisting ductwork must be used in multi compartment Kitchen Extract Systems, Smoke Extract Systems and where ducts must comply with either type A or type B strategies.
Fire-resistant duct can be more cost effective than using fire dampers especially motorised type which have to be linked to the fire alarm system/BMS. Fire resistant ducts do not require on-going maintenance or testing/inspection which is another advantage over the use of fire dampers.
- Fit and forget maintenance
- Initial Cost
Your fire damper will not work if…
- It is the wrong type of fire damper for the duct
- There is large gap between the fire damper and the duct
- The blades have collapsed
- The cassettes won’t operate
- The springs have jammed or corroded
- It has been jammed open
- It’s been installed incorrectly
Trusted by the industry
Our professional approach and continual investment in the training of our staff, technology systems and manufacturing plant ensure you receive the very best product and service. We are ISO 9001:2015 compliant and Investors in People accredited to 2020. Manufacturing to the highest quality control standards. With our internal factory production control (FPC) being maintained by our own skilled and experienced sheet metal fabricators, which is regularly audited by BRE Global and Applus Laboratories.
Considerate to the environment
Non-Coated galvanised fire rated ductwork has significant commercial and environmental savings over systems using intumescent or flame-retardant coatings that require energy and chemicals to degrease, etch, prime, paint and dry. Our systems also alleviate the inherent problems of damaging these coatings during logistics, assembly and installation, which compromises the fire resistance of a secondary coated system.
Supply Only Non Coated Fire Rated Ductwork:
- Rectangular duct up to 3000mm square
- Circular duct up to 1250mm diameter
- Special construction duct up to 8m longest side
- Horizontal and vertical orientations
- Available in Galvanised, Mild & Stainless Steel
- Conventional or Fully Welded construction
- Tested for ‘Fire Outside’ & ‘Fire Inside’ scenarios
- Fire rated Access Doors
- Fire rated Silencers
- Bespoke design for ductwork support systems
All fire rated ducting is manufactured to the CASWELL FIRESAFE® specification. Email us now to obtain a quote for your requirements.
The system was developed and tested in the early 2000’s in accordance with BS476 Part 24 (1987). In recent years further, development and testing in accordance with EN1366 Part 1 (2013) to meet European legalisation including CE marking.
The product is tested to BS 476-24 (1987) and EN 1366-1 (2013) for up to 4 hours stability and integrity and up to 4 hours insulation (fire outside duct) and 2 hours insulation* (fire inside duct).
* Insulation values are obtained through the application of specific insulation (refer to Firetrace Ductwork ltd for required material specifications)
Email us now to obtain a quote for your requirements.